Digital Stator / Internal Rotor Kit - Triumph Twins - 3TA, 5TA, Unit 650 Models + BSA A65
Suitable for the following bikes:
BSA A65 - TRIUMPH 3TA, 5TA + Unit 650cc Models.
Replacement for original alternator and ignition. Complete digital self generating ignition, pre-programmed advance curve gives optimum performance. Does NOT provide any power for lights/horn/battery etc.
The CDI (capacitive discharge ignition) works by charging a capacitor within the CDI unit from the source coil on the stator, this same coil also produces the timing signal. The cdi digitises the signal and uses the microprocessor to derive the pre-programmed ignition timing curve.
Very easy to install and set-up. Full wiring diagram and instructions supplied.
- Self generating internal rotor, cdi digital ignition system, no battery required eliminating need for battery charger, as well as being lighter.
- Replaces the original Lucas alternator - points and distributor are not required.
- Digital electronic advance curve specifically developed for Triumph twins allowing easy starting and maximum performance.
- Period of advance 27 degrees or 15 degrees, user selectable with programmed rev limiter (not user programmable).
- For easy starting a spark is generated at 300rpm.
- Operates within the engine oil.
- Keyless rotor fitting onto crankshaft. This uses a larger collet to lock the rotor key securely onto the crank. Advantages over a woodruff key and keyway are infinite positioning of the rotor for ignition timing. Can be used on a worn crank or damaged keyway.
Kit contains: Digital CDI Unit, Stator, Rotor, Twin HT Coil, HT Caps and fitting kit.
Made in England by Electrex World Limited